Stingray Puppetmittens in Corner-Start Crochet
- Item #: 4-KN73007V
- Manufacturer: Vashti Braha
Click any larger image to enlarge it even more.
It's the outerwear accessory that doubles as a puppet to uplift winter days--or to make waiting at the bus stop more entertaining. Who knew that stingrays would have a built-in parent-friendly feature? Add a mitten clip to each stingray tail to secure them to coat sleeve cuffs.
Stingray Puppetmitten is 10 inches/25.5 cm long from snout to start of tail; finspan is 9.5 inches/24 cm wide. (The finished size is easy to customize because of its "corner-start" construction.)
Note about the Skill Level: Pattern has been written with a reduced amount of pattern abbreviations for newer pattern readers. Construction involves starting in one corner, then simple increasing every row and simple decreasing every row in a simple stitch. Raised area of body is shaped with simple basting stitches using matching yarn.
- Crochet Hook: size H/8/5mm
- Choose Your own Yarn: Most worsted weight (category #4 Medium weight) yarns can be used.
- Yarn Pictured: Lion Brand’s Wool-Ease Worsted Weight (80% Acrylic, 20% Wool, 197yds/180m per 3oz/85g ball): 1 skein each of Color #152 Oxford Grey (“Color A” in pattern) and #151 Grey Heather (“Color B” in pattern).
- Stitch marker
- Yarn needle
- Special Technique: Corner-start
- Skill Level: Intermediate (simple shaping)