Melted Chocolate Cup Cozy: Paint & Crochet
- Item #: 5-A71609X
- Manufacturer: Vashti Braha
Okay, I admit it, pouring on the “melted chocolate” (fabric paint) was even more fun than the crocheting! Any chunky-weight yarn can be used for this project.
After using this pattern you will know (if you didn’t already):
- How to join in a ring and crochet in the round
- Simple increasing
- A fun way to use dimensional fabric paint with crochet
Finished Dimensions (measured flat)
Fits standard paper coffee cups (as used in the USA); cozy is 2.75 inches/7 centimeters tall by 3.75 inches/9.5 centimeters wide at inside bottom rim and 4 inches/10 centimeters wide at inside top.
- Crochet Hook: US J-10 (6mm) or size required for gauge
- 'Chocolate': Dimensional Fabric Paint, 1 or 2 oz. of shiny brown. Used for this project: Scribbles 3-Dimensional Paint, color “Hot Shiny Chocolate” (www.duncancrafts.com, UPC: 0-1775411318-4).
- Yarn: less than one skein of a #5 Bulky or a heavy #4 Medium Weight (worsted, aran, or chunky weight) yarn.
- Yarn used: Lion Brand LB Suede Solids (3oz/85g, 122yds/112m per skein, 100% Polyester). Color #210-140 Rose.
- Skill Level: Easy-intermediate (simple shaping)