Easy Crochet Doorknob Butler
- Item #: 6-H10907R
- Manufacturer: Vashti Braha
Download this crochet pattern FREE in one easy step:
Please do NOT click "Add to cart" below, or else we'll both be charged a fee from Paypal. Thank you!
With a big crochet hook, thick woolly yarn and about 20 minutes of your time, you can create your own silent, charming assistant to protect your inner sanctum or someone else’s. It’s a nice last minute gift fo someone who needs it.
The scrapbooking sections of craft stores have fun alphabet brads that you can use to affix any message instantly. Make more than one bearing different messages; one skein of the recommended yarn yields 2 or 3 Doorknob Butlers.
The best messages for this project are short and sweet (texting and email abbreviations can help!). Besides “Nap Time” or "Sleepy Baby" seen here, some other possibilities are “Me Time” or “Spa Time” for harried moms; “Pls Knock” or “Stay Out” especially for teens; “Baby Zzz” or “No Waky” for a nursery. For a home office, maybe “At Work,” “Office Time,” “On the Clock,” “On Phone,” “Busy Bee,” even “Love You” when family feels neglected.
After using this pattern you will know (if you didn’t already):
- How to crochet around an elastic ring
- How to quickly turn a circle into a square or rectangle
- A way to create an offset opening within a crocheted rectangle
- A great use for alphabet brads
The pattern is written for newer pattern readers, so only a limited amount of pattern abbreviations are used.
Approximately 4 inches (10 cm) wide and 7.5 inches (19 cm) long.
- Crochet hook: Size K/6.5mm or size required for gauge.
- Yarn: Approximately 30yards (25 meters) of a #6Super Bulky Weight yarn or that states a gauge of approx. 13 stitches to 4 inches with a K/6.5mm hook. Pictured: One-third of a ball of Bernat Felting (100% Wool; 2.6oz/75g, 84yd/77m), color #94131 New Iris.
- 1 ponytail elastic
- Alphabet brads
- Skill Level: Easy